Saturday, September 15, 2012

Learning Through Accessing The World Wide Web




"No significant learning occurs without a significant relationship."
- Dr. James Comer PhD, Yale University 

I just saw this quote while I was browsing through the net to find what best suite for my blog about what I've learned in making or involving in edublogging. This quote means when you don't apply or understand what you've learned or what other people teach you will be just a piece of information that pass to your life that is meaningless. Its like a wind that just pass through your body. In learning you should always know the importance of what you will learn in acquiring the knowledge you receive. You should always think critically in everything or every time in your life, for you to become alert and responsive on what your doing and in every decision you will make. From the information you've learn from reading books and from the teachings of the teachers you will acquire such knowledge that you can use in your everyday life. And it will be beneficial for you if you will learn the knowledge you acquire by heart. If the teacher knew that his/her student is applying in his/her everyday life, the feeling of the teacher then is heart warming for his/her student because the teacher's effort in teaching his/her student is such a worth that he/she accomplish. 

Its like this semester I've enroll this school year (1st Sem, 2012-2013), there are so many things I've learned because I absorb and understand what my teachers have teach me. I learned so many things because I choose to think critically, acquire and apply the things my teachers have taught me. A very good example is from my teacher in Clinical Chemistry 3, my belove teacher Mrs. Virginia Gaces, who taught us how this edublogging is all about and what are the benefits we can get from it. At first I think that edublogging is not that connecting to our subject clinical chemistry because for me when I heard the word edublogging, it is all about writing. But my perception is wrong, it is all about writing, writing what you've learned and learning from the subject, summarizing it in a one simple concept or perception that you can get the information easily. 

An edublog is a blog created for educational purposes. Edublogs archive and support student and teacher learning by facilitating reflection, questioning by self and others, collaboration and by providing contexts for engaging in higher-order thinking.

Edublogs proliferated when blogging architecture became more simplified and teachers perceived the instructional potential of blogs as an online resource. The use of blogs has become popular in education institutions including public schools and colleges.

Blogs can be useful tools for sharing information and tips among co-workers, providing information for students, or keeping in contact with parents. Common examples include blogs written by or for teachers, blogs maintained for the purpose of classroom instruction, or blogs written about educational policy. Educators who blog are sometimes called edubloggers. Edublogging is making of the edublogs.


For me, edublogging is like sharing to the world or to those people who need and getting information in the internet. To share what you’ve learned from school or from the books you’ve read in the library or any kind of journal that would give new information to you and to everybody that would be very useful in their everyday lives.

Edublooging is also a way for a person to learn how to write his/her own words in understanding the topic he/she is presenting to the public or he/she is about to post in the World Wide Web. Knowing his/her perception to the topic by his/her own words will represent her idea about the topic and how to make a understandable and more simple concept of the topic for the readers of his/her blog to understand better what is the topic or the post is all about.

I've learned many things in doing and involving in this edublogging like summarizing many information I acquire from books and lectures and writing through you own words its all about words and expressing what you have learned by your own perception. Writing or doing words in a paragraph thing is not my forte, I'm not good in it because I don't know what or how to construct words and have a meaningful concept at the end of the words to write. 
     Edubloggings also keep information that we can use as a student or persons who are needing relative information by only surfing the internet. It can be so much useful for those who are not fond of reading books rather they just turn on the computer and log in the internet world. 

Acquiring new knowledge in life is a step in a better living in life. A new knowledge is acquired and should maintained, because you'll never know that this new acquired knowledge is very useful to you and to all the persons that surrounds you. Thank you to our beloved teacher, Mrs. Virginia Gaces, who teach and introduce us how to do and work on edubloggings. Making edublogs is such a useful tool for all the people who have access in the world wide web and for me who don't have any chance of writing what are my perception are. It did help me to have a courage to write because my greatest fear in academics is writing about anything. Thank you po Mam Gaces!!!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment